Now enrolling for fall HiSET/GED classes! All classes are free. Please fill out our enrollment form by clicking the link below, and a staff member will reach out to you shortly with more information.
Registration for remote testing for the HiSET is now open!
What is on the HiSET test?
Each of the five subtests in the HiSET exam is scored on a scale of 1–20. In order to pass you must do all three of the following:
- achieve a score of at least 8 on each of the five individual subtests
- score at least 2 out of 6 on the essay portion of the writing test
- have a total combined score on all five subtests of at least 45
Did I demonstrate college and career readiness?
Your individual test score report also indicates whether or not you have achieved the score required to demonstrate college and career readiness — with at least 15 out of 20 on any of the subtests. For the Language Arts – Writing test, you must score at least a total score of 15 with a 4 on the essay.
What does college and career readiness mean?
Students who have scored at the college- and career-readiness level have shown a level of performance similar to the minimum level required to succeed in college-level credit-bearing courses.
Technology and College and Career Readiness
Our job is to help you meet your educational and career goals. The teachers and the Educational Advisor are available to help you deal with situations that may be preventing you from reaching your goals.
The teachers will prepare you for the subjects on the GED or HiSET test: writing, math, social studies, science, and reading
The Advisor helps students:
- Identify their skills and interests
- Develop education and career goals
- Create a resume
- Connect with regional businesses and colleges (workshops, guest speakers)
- Practice interviewing skills
The Technology Coordinator teaches a weekly technology lesson in every class. Technology lessons include:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Drive Suite
- Website Design
- Cloud Computing
- Digital Presentations: infographics, PowerPoint, video slideshows
- Internet Safety
We also have a staffed Learning Center with drop-in hours for students to receive extra help, or access the computers for digital learning.