- 1989 – First library literacy grant trained tutors and taught basic reading and writing
- 1991- Added ESL and math services and training
- 1995- GED program – classes through DOE funding
- 1997- The town added the Literacy Coordinator position
- 1998- Received LWRD grant for planning
- 1999- 3 year grant to establish the Technology Center to improve retention of learners and to integrate literacy into library services
- Over the years, the Literacy Program has received various grants to continue the program.